Belmont Studios originally opened in downtown Birmingham in 1958. As a young couple, Nick and Christine Cottis started their journey photographing senior portraits all over the state of Alabama.
As the business grew, it relocated to Vestavia in the early nineteen seventies. Nick and Christine's son, Doug, joined the business and added a full service photo lab that enabled onsite photofinishing.
Further business growth made necessary the move to the present location in Pelham in 1996. The third generation of the Cottis family now operates the 8,750 sq.ft studio. The current Belmont staff consists of 23 employees - including 7 staff photographers.
Since 1958, the company’s number one priority has been to offer the highest quality photography at an affordable price year after year.